Buderim Ginger and Bistro C in Noosa on the Sunshine Coast
This episode, Mark McCluskey takes us to the restaurant where he spends most of his time as Executive Chef, Alberts Lakeside Restaurant and talks about his menu, vision and style at this corporate by day, casual by night restaurant in the Hills District of Sydney.
Alberts Lakeside Restaurant is located at the Norwest Business Park, 30 minutes drive north west from the Sydney CBD. Norwest has in the past few years attracted over 400 businesses to relocate to this area. Right in the middle of this complex is a man made lake and overlooking this lake is Alberts Lakeside Restaurant. Parking and other amenities are conveniently nearby.
Given Mark’s classical English culinary training, the menu features well structured dishes combing European styles with native Australian ingredients. During this episode, Mark demonstrates two dishes, a pan seared emu fillet with summer greens and macadamia nuts and a Rainforest Lime Tart which both feature on the current menu.
Update: Unfortunately, Mark has moved on from this restaurant (see Mark’s bio) and Alberts Lakeside Restaurant is under new management with the current chef not using indigenous ingredients. Interestingly, the new owner describes his food offering as ordinary so we presume that’s what you can now expect. At least we have enshrined Mark’s innovative food style at the time in the show and in the cookbook so the good food may be gone but not forgotten.
Shop T36 Norwest Marketown
Baulkham Hills, NSW, 2153
Recipes from this Episode
- Alpine peppered pineapple with wild fruit yoghurt
- Ginger prawn and noodle salad
- Tasmanian salmon with soy Alpine Pepper dressing
Other Episodes from this series
- Swiss Grand at Bondi Beach Sydney
- Margaret River and restaurant Vat 107
- Lillipilli in the Rocks
- Feast Restaurant on Avoca Beach
- The Cowrie Restaurant Terrigal Beach
- Redgum Restaurant at Boronia House Mosman
- Crowne Plaza Newcastle
- Hydro Majestic Hotel in the Blue Mountains
- Australia Day on Sydney Harbour
- Banjo Patterson’s Restaurant on the Parramatta River