Alpine peppered venison on rainforest herb linguini
1kg venison leg
1kg fresh Rainforest herb linguini
a large handful of English spinach
8 small pine mushrooms
20ml Australian olive oil
Sprinkle Alpine Pepper
100ml game meat jus
3 drops gumleaf oil
1. Trim the venison of silver and sinew (reserve for making stock)
2. cook the pasta in salted water for around eleven minutes or until al denté
3. strain the pasta, add a dash of oil and allow to cool
4. blanch the greens in water, refresh in iced water.
5. seal the venison in a hot pan and roast in a preheated oven at 200°C for 12 minutes and then rest for the same amount of time; season with Alpine Pepper
6. slice the mushrooms and sauté in a warm pan with in olive oil to which butter has been added; when the mushrooms are golden add the pasta and greens, toss until warmed through and the pasta starts to become crisp.
Place the pasta in the center of the plate. Slice the venison across the grain and lay over the pasta. Add 2-3 drops of gumleaf oil to the jus and drizzle around the plate. Venison can be garnished with a grilled and poached pear.Email This Page
Dining Downunder Cookbook
This Australian recipe of Alpine peppered venison on rainforest herb linguini is included in the Dining Downunder Cookbook which can be purchased online at the Dining Downunder Online Shop. Also available online is a wide range of native Australian herbs and spices, sauces, syrups, infused oils and bush tucker ingredients such as wattleseed and paperbark rolls.